This traditional Thai rice dish is usually served with caramelized pork pieces to complement the salty rice and sour mangoes. Cook the pork just like adobo but with more sugar and simmer until the sauce caramelizes and coats the pork pieces.
- 1 small (175 g) green mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium (50 g) onion, sliced
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 can (140 g) Tomato Sauce
- 1 pc egg, cooked as omelet then cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 2 pcs siling haba (cayenne pepper), seeded then sliced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger strips
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 Tbsp bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
Saute garlic, onion, ginger, sili, ground pork and alamang in oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add Tomato Sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Add rice and mango. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Serve with green onions and egg strips on top.